Strawberry Oats Smoothie

Weekends are always a relief, in the sense that the tension of the morning chores are literally absent. However, I always have loads of matters to take care of during weekends. Having my parents around now, weekends are really loaded with activity, however I am enjoying it nevertheless. I love it when I am packed... I love it when I have no time to unnecessary ponder over unwanted matters... I love it when the heart and mind feels settled to the hurry-burry... The kids are going to have their two-week winter break and are definitely going to drive their grandparents nuts! After all, what are grandchildren for? ;)

Every time I make oats for breakfast, I am guaranteed remains. I just don't know why. I bring some for myself to the office and I always make minimal, just enough for HD, B and the kids to have, but still they ensure that there is some leftover. I hate it because I have to look at ways to somehow finishing it off. Trashing it is never an option! After all, it is food...As of now, I look at processing it and making it a smoothie so that I have something to drink once I am back from work. This is one that I got to click, when I tried. I have to say that one cup is more than enough to fill you up for dinner as well... Or the best breakfast smoothie as well...

Strawberry Oats Smoothie
Serves 2


Ingredients:

1 cup cooked oats (leftover from porridge)
1 cup milk
8 strawberries, chopped
2 tbsp honey, to taste

Method:

Add all the ingredients, blitz till smooth. Pour into tall glasses and enjoy!

Notes:

You can substitute milk with half yogurt and half water to make it more healthy!

Labels: , , ,