"Your task is to start something good. To see it completed is the work of your Creator."
Abd Al-Qadir Al-Jilani (A notable mystic and a Hanbali jurist, 470-561 H)
I started this blog exactly two years back... on the lazy afternoon of January 17, 2013. From then it has been an exciting journey. For the past two years, I have Alhamdulillah been able to constantly post without breaks, despite the ups and downs of life. I have taken to food blogging as a way of unleashing my frustrations, of improving myself more and more, whether it is on a personal front or on the cooking front. This may be a food blog but more than that, it has been a reflection of my mental being and cooking has been a vital part of it. Whether I am in a good or a bad mood, I have taken to cooking to lift up my spirit. Nothing gives me satisfaction as much as seeing a satisfied face after having food... I guess it holds true with many of us around... :) I wouldn't want to repeat all what I have continuously say in all my milestone posts
. Because it is going to be the same... a lot of "Thank You!" for being around and going around. So far, it has been a satisfying journey and I sincerely hope that I would be able to continue with the same zest, InShaAllah... I wish to keep renewing my interest in trying new recipes and posting the successes here so that you all could try and I could refer to it whenever I need them too!
Just a little look at the statistics, as this post goes into publishing, so far the blog has had 528 posts (this one being post 529), which includes 43 amazing guest posts
. The page is inching towards 380K views, has more than 700 G+
followers, and has already passed 5000 FB
likes. Hopefully that is gyst of things to come and InShaAllah, to become better. On a personal note, though I am trying my level best to improve my photographs and inputs on a daily basis, I still feel I have a long way to go with learning to deal with the camera. I don't know whether to call it laziness, or lack of time but I understand that if you are genuinely interested, no hindrances will be good enough to pull you back. So it's time for me to really look into improving myself at all fronts.
And... in case you have noticed or haven't noticed, the blog has moved to its own domain! Yes, we are now officially "www.thebigsweettooth.com
". This has been in the doing for more than four months now and finally I have moved the blog to my own domain. InShaAllah, hope to bring about in some changes in the overall look of the blog as well.
So... doesn't it call for a celebration! And I am all in for it! That too with some giveaway! Doesn't that sound interesting? If it does, then read on...
Let us first have a look at the rules of the event:
1. You are required to try a recipe from the blog. There is no restriction on how many you try. Please click a nice picture of the same and post it on the blog's FB page wall
with your comments - good, bad, where it can be improved, anything is welcome!
* A little warning - all recipes on the blog are mild as far as spice levels and sugar levels are concerned, so please work that out as per your tastes! :)
2. Tag five people in the comments of your picture, who can potentially like the page - though them liking is not a necessity, tagging them is NECESSARY for the entry to be considered!
3. Participation is open to bloggers and non-bloggers alike. Bloggers may do a post on their blog as per their wish, though doing a post and linking it back to this event page would give the event a required boost. So if you are OK with helping, I am ready to accept it with a full heart! :) In case you do a blog post, then please add it to the below in-linkz.
* I know some of my fellow bloggers have tried a recipe from the blog and have already posted about it on their blogs. All you need to do is to update the post with a link back to this event page and the logo and link it back! Please do not forget to complete the other formalities... :)
4. Once the above is done, then go ahead and use to the raffle-copter link below to list in your entry for the lucky draw. Make sure to go through it all to improve your chances!
That's it! Sounds simple? Now I guess all of you are waiting to know what are the giveaways. For the lucky winner who randomly gets selected by the raffle-copter, it is a lovely silicon baking kit from "The Cooking Doctor
" range, which consists of 12 silicon cupcake holders, a chocolate mould and a silicon mat!
So what are you waiting for? Looking forward to your heartfelt participation to make this event a success... :)
Blogger friends... please link in your entries here, and do not forget to share the picture on my FB page as well!