Apple Crumble

Have you noticed something? I was just going through this month's post and the majority has been sweets! In any form to say... This month totally justifies my blog name as well! Please don't think I have sweets all throughout the day... That's definitely not true! I do make sweets on and off, but I make it small quantity so that we all enjoy it in moderation, just enough to satisfy our craving. HD is not a sweet loving person, but B and me, along with the kids love sweet and therefore whatever is made is usually wiped off. The bigger portions however get distributed all over the place - either it gets carried along with me to a relative's or friend's house, or part of it comes to my colleagues, or else gets packed off to HD's office. Am I trying to justify myself for all the sweets that I cook??? I really don't know... hehe...

Continuing off from yesterday's Badusha post, the international dessert chosen for this month's Sweet Fantasy Club happened to be Apple Crumble. What a relief it was when I heard it! Not because I was excited to make it, but because it was already made by me last month and was in the list of drafts waiting for its chance to get published! So at least, I didn't have to make both the desserts this month! Hehe... Apple Crumble is an dessert which has a cinnamon flavored apple base, topped with crunchy crumble layer. I got this recipe from a mini booklet that came along with the newspaper and was really satisfied with the outcome of the recipe! I have only made half the recipe, as posted here and definitely you can easily double the recipe for larger portions!

Apple Crumble
Serves 3


Ingredients:

3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon powder
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp raisins

For crumble:
60 gm butter, softened
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp mixed nuts, crushed (I used walnuts and pecans)
1 tbsp sugar

Method:

Preheat oven to 200 degrees.

Mix all the ingredients for the base well and layer the bottom of a small glass pan. Add the flour to sugar to the butter and mix with fingers till it resembles breadcrumbs. Top it evenly on the apple mixture.

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes till the apples get cooked. Serve warm with custard or ice-cream. It is really good as it is!


PST: The Baked Apple Almond Pudding was made much later than this crumble and B stated that the tastes were very similar. In fact, it is! The only variation are the flours used in both the desserts... :)

Labels: , , , ,