Middle Eastern Yellow Rice

Playing up and down with my drafts made me realize that I had promised to post this recipe in my Margat Bamia post way back in December and I am yet to post it! Sheesh... Sometimes, managing drafts becomes slightly a bit tricky. Not that I am complaining because I like the fact that I have enough to bank on, that I can afford a slack time in between or even pull down a recipe just because the picture was not good enough and can be made better. But when I give a peak of something in one recipe, I guess I must make it a point to post the recipe within a time frame rather than too late... Hmm...

Without any more delay, let me post this very simple rice dish for you. A mild spiced rice with the intermittent bite of raisins, HD and the kids loved it to the core and it was such a good match with the curry. I feel that the rice would go well on its own, with just an onion salad on the side! No hard work there, just straightforward and quick!

Middle Eastern Yellow Rice
Serves 4
Recipe adapted from here


Ingredients:

2 cups basmati rice
3 1/4 cup water
Salt to taste
1 tsp turmeric powder
25 gm butter
1 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp sugar
1/4 cup raisins

Method:

Wash and drain the rice. Boil water along with salt. Once it starts to boil, add all the ingredients and stir. Allow the water to come to a rolling boil. Keep on simmer and close the lid. Cook till the rice is done and all the water is absorbed. Fluff it up with a fork and serve warm!

Labels: , , ,