Tuna Green Salad

As soon as we shifted to our new residence, I had taken a resolution that at least once a week, our dinner would be only soup and salad, and the auspicious day I chose for the same was Tuesday. Unfortunately, as with all my resolutions, this remained unfulfilled till recently. That too, I would pray that on Tuesdays, I would not have B for dinner as he would frown at the sight of salads and soups and always expects a full course meal. In that case, HD is quite supportive - he in fact loves soups and salads but the only problems is he wants it a starter and would be more than happy to have a meal that follows it. Seriously, I chose soup and salad as dinner to avoid cooking elaborate meals, then what is the point if he expects so?

Having said that, there are not many salad variants I have tried, but whatever I try and comes out well, I will make it a point to share here. Tuna is not something I cook often at home since HD and B both can't stand it. If you go through the blog, the only tuna recipe I have here are these sandwiches. When B was off for his duty, I made a large bowl of this salad and served it with some tomato soup (recipe coming soon!) and H thought it was a really hearty meal! I guess that was because he didn't miss the non-veg this time! ;)

Tuna Green Salad
Serves 2


Ingredients:

2 x 175 gm canned tuna
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup sweet corn kernels
1 large cucumber, diced
1 onion, minced
1 tomato, chopped
1 cup chopped lettuce
Olive oil for drizzling

Method:

Drain the canned tuna. Put into a frying pan with some salt and pepper and cook on high heat till dry. Empty into a bowl.

Add all the other ingredients and mix well till nicely combined. Serve immediately!

Labels: , ,