Chocolate Kale Smoothie

This is a real live post. In every sense, it is! Most of my posts are always jotted down whenever I am in a mood to scribble out and I just schedule it so that I have no worries about it. But today, I am sitting at home, with my fingers tapping my laptop and Alhamdulillah, the only part of my body that is not aching! Fluctuating temperature and a numbing body pain has been with me since last night and I am just not in a situation to make anything, forget about moving about the house. I have literally begged the kids to stay within their room and go through their "noise pollution" within closed doors so that my head stays in tact and Alhamdulillah, so far, they have been very cooperative. Knowing how much I get irritated, HD has got himself busy with work so I am all alone in the hall, in front of the laptop, listening to a beautiful lecture by Sheikh Nouman Ali Khan about Surah Kahf and my mind is feeling a very lovely calmness. Adding to that, a call from D also helped in a little more calm, didn't get umma through as she was praying... :)

So what did I make myself to rejuvenate myself? This delicious chocolate kale smoothie... Kale is a very recent super food that a lot of people are starting to take into their diets, including myself. Last weekend, I picked up a little box of this expensive green and have been using it like "gold"!!! Hehe... Add some dark chocolate, and that too 71% and my hormones are at their best. After all, I am reminded of the verse: "Therefore eat of what Allah has given you, lawful and good (things), and give thanks for Allah's favor if him do you serve." (Surah An-Nahl:114) 

Chocolate Kale Smoothie
Serves 1



Ingredients:

1 cup almond milk (refer notes)
1 banana
2 stems of kale, only leaves
1 pack stevia or 1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp dark chocolate nibbles 

Method:

Blitz all the ingredients till smooth. Enjoy immediately.

Notes:

1. For making almond milk, blitz 1 cup of water, 1/4 cup almond meal, 2 chopped dates and a tsp of vanilla extract well. Pass through a nice mesh and sieve well. Use into the smoothie.
2. I kept the chocolate as is and had bites throughout the smoothie. You can melt it and add it to the smoothie for a much smoother version.

Labels: , , ,