Strawberry Banana Smoothie

I like to call my blog "a collection yard". Whatever I like, I just load it in here so that somewhere in the future when I read, it arouses my thoughts and memories! :) A beautiful poem today:

We want to remain whole, and guard what keeps us whole,
When we break, we grieve, for whom we once were.

We curse the cracks, but sometimes, it's these cracks,
That allows us to be flexible and expand further into life.

Because sometimes, what keeps us whole, keeps us caged, 
And what breaks us, sets us free. 

This is why a rose has thorns, this is why a sky makes storms,
And even the eyes of an innocent baby, will have tears.

Life resides under our skin, and it is through these cracks,
That life can seep out, and emanate to the world.

Heavens Alight (Mariam Jreij)

Strawberries are slowly fading off but I still seem to be hanging on to it. Whenever I see some strawberry somewhere, I just keep buying them and eating them miserly, sometimes even causing them to get spoiled. :( I know you can preserve them and freeze them for later use, but somehow I like to enjoy fruits when they are available. I guess I have to change that attitude of mine! Till then, let's enjoy this simple, yet fulfilling smoothie, which is really apt for a lazy breakfast. I normally have smoothies on Fridays since I don't get much time to make elaborate breakfast and the kids wake up so late that they don't want breakfast. This smoothie has been on the top list during the strawberry season, that good it is!

Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Serves 2


Ingredients:

10 strawberries, chopped
1 large banana, chopped
1/2 cup yogurt
3/4 cup milk
3 tbsp honey

Method:

Put all ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. Serve immediately.

Notes:

For extra body, try adding a tablespoon of milled flax seed. It takes the smoothie to another level!

Labels: , , ,