Strawberry Frozen Yogurt

Just keeping my introduction short for today, a powerful statement...


Strawberries are slowly fading, though not completely. It is just getting slightly a bit expensive every week. I still keep buying boxes whenever I find them at a good deal. I am looking at making some compote and topping them up for some pannacotta... but at the moment they are still a part of a dream! Ahem... hehe... meanwhile, let us enjoy this really simple strawberry fro-yo! Just three ingredients, if you like the combination of sweet and tangy, then this one is for you. More that the kids, it was the adults who enjoyed it. Since I slept off after keeping it in the fridge, I had a problem with the crystal formation. But after keeping it in room temperature for sometime, beating it and then refreezing them gave me a better texture. Off to the way I made it...

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
Serves 4
Recipe adapted from BBC GoodFood


Ingredients:

225 gm strawberries
750 ml yogurt
2/3 cup condensed milk

Method:

Allow the yogurt to drain over a muslin cloth for 3 to 4 hours, till almost all the whey is drained. Blitz the strawberry using a hand blender till done. You may leave some bites. Add in the drained yogurt and condensed milk and whisk well till combined. Freeze for 6-8 hours. It is better to beat every two hours to beat ice crystals.

To serve, leave out for 15 minutes before scooping out into bowls and enjoying!


Notes:

Adjust the condensed milk as per your sweetness. For us, it was nice and mild.

Seeing the above pictures, I always wish I could get to shoot daily in day light... Alhamdulillah, longer days are coming so that is kind of a motivator for me! :)

Labels: , ,