Velvet Smoothie

I found this recipe in a weekend magazine and I really wanted to try it, as I wanted to know how the combination of orange, banana and ginger would taste. It really sounded so bizarre to me but still I wanted to know the feel. A morning when the kids had left, I had peeled and chopped the fruits and put into the blender. As I was peeling the ginger, HD asked, "What is that for?" "The juice!" was my reply. He had a literal shock on his face. Ginger in a juice? I had already loved it in the Pineapple Ginger Juice and the Watermelon Cooler, so it was nothing new for me. But for him, it was something strange. He gave a strange look and went off to the room. I went ahead and made the smoothie.

I poured into my glass, clicked the picture, poured the remaining into his glass and kept it in the kitchen. I went to the room and sipped on my smoothie. Then HD asked, "Where's mine?" I just looked at him and said, "I thought you didn't want it, so I kept it in the kitchen!" The expression that followed was priceless. Hehe... Whenever he gives a negative remark or look, I make sure I delay and give it to him! Once he got it, he drank it without any more noise. When I asked him how it tasted, he gave a smile and a head shake. That means he liked it! After this, I have made this smoothie at least three times and have loved it every time. Totally filling and refreshing...

Velvet Smoothie
Serves 2


Ingredients:

2 large oranges, peeled and chopped
1 ripe banana
1 inch pc ginger
3 tbsp yogurt
2 tbsp honey

Method:

Blitz all ingredients together till smooth. Strain, if you don't like the orange bites but if it is OK, then serve as is immediately!

Labels: , , ,