Coconut Coriander Chicken Curry

Sometimes I feel my blog is becoming too synonymous to its name! Too many sweet stuff and nothing else! Hmm... in fact, of late, I have decided to stop experimenting much with sweet stuff and baking as well, thanks to a few red signals that have been arising. Sometimes, you just need to put your favorite stuff aside for a while till things begin to look back to normal. I am cooking very normal stuff, nothing extraordinary and somehow, stuff that I cook are not turning out the way I would want to be, so as of now it is more of "again to-do" list, so that I can better it and get it into the blog!

As of now, let me put you through this flavorful chicken curry that I had adapted from one of my favorite cookbooks, "The Suriani Kitchen". I have already tried the Meen Arappu Roast and the Chakkakuru Varattiyathu from this lovely book, and this is my third trial. This easy to make chicken curry is a delight for the Keralite tongue, taking into account that coconut is a part of it. It sounds similar to the Green Chicken Masala I had cooked sometime back, but with the addition of coconut. It is easy to put together and tastes great with some neychoru or just some chapathis!

Coconut Coriander Chicken Curry
Serves 4
Recipe adapted from "The Suriani Kitchen"


Ingredients:

1 kg chicken, cut into pcs, cleaned and drained
2 tbsp oil
2 inch pc ginger
8 cloves garlic
2 onions, minced
1 large tomato chopped
Salt to taste
Juice of one lemon

For grinding:
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 cup coriander leaves
1/4 cup mint leaves
2 green chillies

For powdering:
2 pcs cinnamon
3 cardamom
6 cloves

Method:

In a saucepan, heat oil. Sauté onions till just wilted. Add in the pound ginger and garlic and sauté till raw smell is gone. Add the ground paste and cook till oil floats in the top. 

Add the chicken, salt and the ground powder and mix well. Cook covered till almost done, stirring occasionally.

Finally add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes. Just before serving, squeeze in the lemon juice.



Labels: , , ,