Corn Custard Pudding

It has been ages since I have shared any slides in here. Since I am losing out on words, let me share one slide here then today, which I am sure you all would agree - that the eyes always speak much louder than anything else put together. A smiling face or a spoken word's genuineness is of course confirmed by how the eyes beem... :)


Sharing with you today a dessert which is so famous in Malaysia and other Far Eastern countries... I guess there is nobody who does not like custard. When I heard this pudding, I was so curious to know how a medley of custard powder, coconut milk and ground corn would look like and that curiousness was what pushed me to make it, though I was not 100% sure whether it would be accepted at home. My concerns were right - not everyone enjoyed the dessert, even though I loved it and I had a few pieces over a couple of days. As a savior, I sent the remaining pudding I made to HD's colleagues and they really like it, saying that it was different - definitely, as it is not our Indian taste. :) Something you can try when you crave for something different... Off to the way I made it...

Corn Custard Pudding
Serves 4-6


Ingredients:

400 ml coconut milk
300 ml water
3/4 cup custard powder
1/2 cup sugar (add more for sweetness)
285 gm tin sweet corn cream style

Method:

Combine the coconut milk, water, custard powder and sugar in a saucepan. Cook on low flame till the custard thickens. Ensure to stir occasionally in order to avoid the custard sticking to the bottom of the pan.

When the custard starts thickening, add in the sweet corn cream and cook for a further five minutes. Switch off and pour the mixture into a deep glass dish. Allow it to come to room temperature and then keep it into the fridge for the dessert to set.

Cut into desired shapes and serve cold!

Labels: , ,