Tropical Overnight Oats

Mango season is already in and everybody is cooking with mangoes! Right or wrong? Oh, I am sorry... First we eat our mangoes and once we get bored of eating them just like that, we look at options of including them into our cooking. I guess, that is the right way! :)

Since the mango season is in, I thought, why not doing a 3 back-to-back recipe series on mangoes? Does that sound good? :) I do have some mango recipes on the blog, which I will list up at the end of this post... but till then, let us enjoy this absolutely delicious overnight oats that is so apt for a wonderful morning! Overnight oats has become something that I have at least once a week, as it is a hassle free way of ensuring that breakfast is eaten. For people like me who are always on the run, breakfast is the toughest meal to eat! One day, while browsing through for ideas, I came across this one. The mention of coconut milk first got onto me and then the mango. There were these delicious mangoes that umma had sent from back home, but it was so limited that I had to treasure and make the folks at home eat! I put it to use for this recipe and I must say - it was super delicious! Off to the way it is made...

Tropical Overnight Oats
Serves 1
Recipe adapted from here


Ingredients:

1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 small mango, chopped
6-8 pecans, chopped
2 tbsp toasted coconut

Method:

Mix the rolled oats, coconut milk and brown sugar well in a jar. Store in the fridge overnight.

Next day morning, top with the mango, pecans and coconut and mix well. Dig in!

Yummilicious...

Do stay tuned for the other mango recipes coming up tomorrow and day after tomorrow, InShaAllah... Till then you can have a look at the other mango recipes on the blog:

No Bake Eggless Mango Cheesecake
Mango Sago Payasam/ Kheer
Eggless Mango Chocolate Marble Cake
Mango Shrikand
Mango Cinnamon Milkshake
Mango Cheesecake Shots
Mango Entremet

Labels: , , , ,