Cherry Tomato Crunchy Salad

The feeling of sadness slowly creeps in when it sinks in that the holy month is nearing its end. Every year, it comes with a lot of zest and then it passes away so fast, that you feel that you have not done your bit. The only way I viewed this Ramadan is going on a day by day basis. That was the only way I could have a bit of control over myself. I would review how I had done myself every day, and try my level best to do better at least marginally the next day. Sometimes, I do lag but I try my level best. I really do not know how well I have done, but I sincerely hope that whatever I have done, it has been entered into His Books favorably. I also wish that all the good deeds done by all of you during this holy month will be accepted... Aameen...

During Ramadan, there is too much emphasis on non-veg food, be it during Iftar or dinner time that unlike the other days, you crave for something that has no frills attached! Just a simple meal of puttu and kadala curry is what I crave for, but unfortunately lentils are not known to do much good to an empty stomach! Hehe... Sometimes, all you need is to have a simple salad just like the below with a couple of glasses of water and you wish to be done! But alas, you need to eat something heavier so that you have the energy for the 15+ long hour fasts... However, InShaAllah once done, we are already considering a dinner option of more soups and salads, so this easy one is definitely going to grace our tables more often!

Cherry Tomato Crunchy Salad
Serves 3


Ingredients:

200 gm cherry tomato
1 pomegranate
1 apple
1 carrot
3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Quarter the cherry tomatoes. Peel and take out the pomegranate seeds. Peel and chop the apple and carrot into small pieces. Combine all ingredients in a bowl seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.

Labels: , , ,