Saffron Egg Pudding

A little slide that I saw on Yasmin Mogahed's FB page and thought made a lot of sense...


Some recipes tempt you to try them immediately as you see them. One of them is the recipe I am sharing with you today. Having to visit a cousin and a cousin's wife, both of whom were pregnant at that time, I was lost as to what to make and take for them, as they normally enjoy anything sweet that I make. That was the time when I saw this recipe and it just stayed at the back of my head. An easy recipe to put together, the only minus point is the waiting time for baking and cooling! Totally delicious, I packed 80% for the expecting moms who loved it and we at home fought over the 20% that I had hidden in the fridge. Time to bake a batch today I suppose... :)

Saffron Egg Pudding
Serves 6-8
Recipe adapted from here


Ingredients:

4 large eggs
3 x 170 gm cans evaporated milk
5-6 strands of saffron, crushed
1 tsp cardamom powder
A pinch nutmeg
1/3 cup sugar
4 tbsp almonds, chopped

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl vigorously till the sugar gets dissolved completely. Pour into a glass baking pan, shallow enough to give the dessert a height.

Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Take out, cover with aluminum foil and bake further for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Place into the fridge and chill for around 2 hours. Pull out, cut and serve!


Labels: ,