Kale Smoothie

I am not used to blogging on a Friday. Nor am I used to blogging this late. But somehow, a time like now hardly comes for me. Being a working mother, most of the time I sleep off with the kids as soon as they are off. It is understandable - after all, I leave home as soon as the kids leave for their school. So I don't have the liberty of taking too much time for myself. Not that I am complaining, Alhamdulillah, I am happy with the way my life is. But sometimes, I crave for that me-time. To sink into my own thoughts, to do what I like, to listen to the silence... Today happens to be one of those rare days when I am all alone by myself - with everybody else sleeping, HD is busy with his little matters. The clothes are waiting to be folded, another bunch is waiting to be pulled out from the washing machine, there are vessels to be washed, quite a bit to do before I finally retire off for the day... but somehow, I wanted to do what I love to do and that is to blog! Hehe...

Nothing much but a simple and filling smoothie, that I had made a couple of times when I laid my hands on some kale. Nowadays, I don't why it is becoming difficult to find good kale around. Most of the time, they are stale. Maybe I am checking out at the wrong places! Just that totally loaded smoothie that can give you the push to go ahead with zest and take on a challenging day... :)

Kale Smoothie
Serves 1




Ingredients:

2 leaves kale, removed from stem
2 thick slices pineapple
1 small banana
1/4 cup yogurt
1 tbsp milled flaxseed
1 tbsp honey

Method:

Blitz all ingredients in a blender till smooth. Pour and serve immediately!


If you like it with some chocolate, I have a recipe for that too on the blog! You can check it here.

Labels: , ,