Quick-Fix Tiramisu Shots

A smile does wonders, doesn't it? There is no rocket science when it comes to smiling. We have always heard that smiling takes much lesser muscles than frowning, but how much of it is scientifically proven is not known. Personally, I feel it is more easy to smile than to frown. Moreover, the energy that flows out of a smile is more positive and empowering than what comes from a frown, which pushes you down in every way. In fact, our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) taught smiling as an act of charity. How true that can be! Just the other day, I noticed that the saree fall of the lady in the other car was partly out of the car. I honked mildly and signalled to her. She opened the door, pulled the fall in and muttered a "thank you" with a smile. That definitely brightened my day. It just shows that courtesy and good manners are still alive. The same day, I had given way to a lady in a Nissan Juke and she smiled through her side glass as acknowledgment. A smile can make somebody's day bright. It gives a wonderful feeling that all is well or even if things don't look like it, all is going to be well. A smile can hide the hardest sorrows and make you feel light. I guess as a person who loves to smile (maybe that's my nature, I can't do without it! :) ), I would only encourage all to smile because you can even floor your haters and enemies with this simple inexpensive tool, which is definitely Allah's gift. As I was browsing, I found a really interesting article and what is says is true, smiling is something that is getting forgotten...

Today, I have a dessert that makes me smile each time I make it. I love tiramisu but have made it only once in its complete form. The calories make me scared to make it never made them into a full fledged dessert except for when I made this cake. I must seriously make it when I have a get together. Tiramisu, an Italian dessert, literally means "pick me up" and anybody who knows the taste, would surely pick it up, given a chance! Sharing with you a cheat version, which is served in glasses, so that the portion is controlled, and uses cream cheese instead of the original but expensive mascarpone cheese for the cheesy taste. Off to the recipe...

Quick-Fix Tiramisu Shots
Serves 4


Ingredients:

3/4 cup water
2 tsp instant coffee
2 tbsp sugar
12 ladyfinger biscuits
1 cup cream cheese
125 gm packet thick cream 
1/4 cup condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
Cocoa powder to top

Method:

Boil the water, mix in the coffee and sugar. Switch off and allow to come to room temperature.

Keep four small glasses ready.

Combine the cheese, cream, condensed milk and vanilla in a bowl and whisk to combine.

Dip each of the biscuits into the coffee and place it on three corners of one glass. Repeat into each glass. Equally divide the cheese mixture into the four glasses. Top with cocoa powder. Refrigerate for an hour for the flavors to set.

Pull out, dig in and enjoy!



Labels: ,