Raisins Dried Apricot Bread Pudding

Let me just be quiet for today and move on directly to what I have with me... :)

Bread pudding is one of the easiest pudding that you could make at any given point in time. Every home would definitely have a loaf of bread any time and especially old bread ready to get dumped. The best thing to make with it, especially if you are a sweet tooth like me would to make bread pudding. A few ideas that I already have posted on the blog can be found here, here and here. This is one that I had adapted from one of the many cookbooks that I have with me. Coming to that point, the three shelves that I had allocated for cookbooks is not already so full that I don't know where I will go and adjust the remaining that are waiting to be pushed in. :(  The 5:2 diet seems to be a diet plans that many are following and this cookbook had ideas on calorie-restricted meals for those 2 control days. I was not sure how this would taste, but once it came out the oven, it tasted delicious with a dollop of fresh cream on top! Off to the recipe...

Raisins Dried Apricot Bread Pudding
Serves 3
Recipe adapted from "The 5:2 Diet Cookbook"


Ingredients:

6 slices brown bread (I used 3 sliced bread and 3 mini buns)
200 ml milk
2 tbsp sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp raisins
2 tbsp dried apricots, chopped

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.

Remove the crust of the bread. Cut diagonally and arrange in a baking tray.

Heat milk along with sugar. Allow to cool slightly. Whisk egg and vanilla essence in a bowl. Pour the milk into the egg and whisk continously to avoid egg from curdling. Pour over the arranged bread. Sprinkle the raisins and the cut apricot above it. Allow the mixture to sit for 15 minutes.

Bake for 25 minutes or till the top is done. Serve warm with a dollop of cream!


Labels: , ,